Saturday, November 21, 2009

Rolly Polly

In my attempt to track all of Nicholas' firsts, I'm puzzled. It just seems that for many firsts there isn't a real specific date to list. First time to hold his head up - well he was technically able to pull his head back the second day after he was born. First smile - well he would smile early on when he had gas or when he was sleeping, so when do you technically record that? Nicholas - I apologize if I'm not doing my motherly duty in recording all the correct dates. :-)

Yesterday is what I consider his first time to roll over from tummy to back. He has technically done it before a few weeks earlier, but he was attempting to look at the monitor above his crib, so I didn't really count that. Yesterday he was having tummy time on the floor and rolled over. He was on his tummy and rolled over his left side. Then today he was playing on the floor on his back while I was wrapping some Christmas presents. When I looked up he had flipped over his left side and onto his tummy. I was surprised because recently we could tell he was working to flip over, but it normally took a lot of effort.



Now we are going to be extra cautious when he is on the changing table. Also, it will make putting him to sleep a bit harder if he is still awake and flips onto his back. I'm just happy to see that he is progressing normally. Before long he will be scooting across the floor! Watch out Bama!

No comments:

Post a Comment