This is my best consignment find yet!! So cute!
Are we ready to open presents yet?
Beautiful tree and plenty of gifts to pass around
Uncle Brad found his tickle spot!
Nicholas in the middle of Meagan and Abby. He enjoyed ripping the paper this year.
His new multi-sports center - fun!
The next morning we headed to Mobile to visit Gigi and Pawpaw. Gabe and I gave each other a mini-vacation over to Biloxi for Christmas. Well, unfortunately I forgot my license at home and the Imperial Palace (where we were staying) stops everyone that looks under 30. So even though I'm almost 9 years over the legal limit, I was not allowed in the casino at the IP. We even spoke with the casino head of security (who had the biggest attitude and was not helpful at all) to see if there was anything we could do to prove my age, but they did not allow us to do anything. After that and a Barney Fife reference, we were probably on everyone's list. I didn't have any problems what-so-ever getting in the Hard Rock or Boomtown, but you can imagine that Gabe and I were quite mad at how we were treated at the IP. In the end I was able to play my favorite game (Penny Slot - Super Jackpot Party) and I have learned my lesson to have my license on me at all times (no matter how old I am). The good thing was Nicholas did well with Gigi and Pawpaw the night we were away.
We were able to visit with my dad's brother Brian and his family and my mom's sister Catherine and my cousin Jane. Nicholas had a blast with Jane's kid's Carter and Emma. Unfortunately Ryan and all his girls were not able to join us as a 7 hour drive from Houston would be a bit much for a three week old little girl. Gigi and Pawpaw gave Nicholas a great backpack, some PJ's and also contributed to Nicholas' college fund, which we are eternally grateful for!
Everyone loved Pawpaw's tennis balls
Carter and Nicholas enjoyed wrestling me - I think they won
Playing with the t-ball set Ryan and his girls gave him
Helping Gigi open her gifts
Nicholas enjoyed riding around in a box top
We are looking forward to Santa visiting tonight. Soon we will be making Santa cookies!
No comments:
Post a Comment