Friday, March 4, 2011

My Favorite Time of Year is...

Consignment Season!!  Ever since I discovered local church consignment sales several years ago (initially at Asbury UMC), I have been in LOVE!  From the beginning I have found amazing deals on baby and kids items.  Gabe likes to say that we are renting the toys until we sell it back in the next sale.

Early on, we were blessed to have all the wonderful showers that friends and family threw for us, so we really didn't have to buy much.  Granted he still receives plenty at Christmas, his birthday and for no reason at all, but these consignment sales are a wonderful place to fill in the blanks, support local church youth programs and sell what you don't need/use/want all at the same time.

My favorite by far is Trussville United Methodist Church's Growing Kids sale.  (It also helps knowing that since we go to church there this sale helps support the nursery that Nicholas goes to every Sunday.)  They are electronically superior to any others I've seen, which makes the checkout process a million times faster than other sales.  Growing Kids is also very organized, spread out and well staffed (or I should say volunteered :-).

So my deals this sale are:
  • 2 polo shirts
  • 3 cute outfits
  • 1 pair of shorts
  • 1 swimsuit
  • 2 t-shirts
  • 2 pairs of shoes
  • 4 Mickey plates that I just couldn't resist
  • Brand new Tadoodles crayon set that works in the tub (Great find thanks to my friend Alicia!)

And all this for $50!!!  I am very proud of my finds and as of tonight they have sold about half that amount of my stuff, so I am optimistic that my consignment check will more than cover what I spent.  Can you tell how much I love these sales?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment