Then this past weekend, Gigi and PawPaw came up to help with what was left of the big items. Huge shout out to Zac and Michael for helping. I enjoyed my view as director while the boys did the heavy lifting, and there were definitely some heavy pieces left to move.
I've had several requests for pictures, so I just found the camera and figured I would share a little at a time. Keep in mind that we aren't completely settled and boxes can basically be found in every room. Here is a tour of the upstairs...
Hallway - straight ahead is Nicholas' bedroom
Nicholas' bedroom - HUGE shout-out to Gigi for making the bedskirt, pillow and pillowcases (as well as valances that are coming)
His MASSIVE closet
I love that there is enough room in his closet for his chest of drawers
Nicholas LOVES his playroom. Mama LOVES all the storage with the built-ins
We debated on keeping the couch or not since neither one of us likes it, so it ended up here. Now we have some place to sit and watch him play. And yes Uncle Ryan, that is your old papasan chair in the corner.
Upstairs bathroom
Laundry chute. Had to figure out how to child-proof this because Nicholas could easily fit down the whole thing. Luckily Gabe and PawPaw figured out a lock that would work.
Spare bedroom (or as Nicholas says Gigi and PawPaw's room). Shout out to Mumbles for kindly donating all his old furniture to the Davenport house! Now guests have somewhere to sleep when they come. In case anyone is curious the quilt on the bed was made by Gabe's grandmother and given to us at one of our wedding showers.
No comments:
Post a Comment