This week both Nicholas and I had doctors appointments.
Nicholas went Wednesday for his four-year annual checkup. He did really well and his stats haven't really changed (statistically speaking). Nicholas weighs 39.5 lbs (75th percentile) and is 3 ft 6 in (90-95th percentile). The nurses also performed a vision and hearing test, both of which he passed with flying colors. Last, but certainly not least, he had to get caught up on some shots. We technically didn't have to do it at this visit, but Dr. Whitaker said that most people like to knock them out now. He received 5 shots. The first two went in and he didn't do anything, but the third shot started the crying. Then of course 4 and 5 didn't help anything. The good news is that his next shot will not be until he is in the 6th grade. I have a feeling though that Nicholas won't let me forget about this visit for a LONG time.
The next day was my 12 week check-up with Dr. Gregory. I scheduled it for 8am hoping to get out as quickly as possible. Since Nicholas starts MDO at 9, I decided to bring him along. And thankfully daddy joined us as well. As expected it was a very quick visit. Dr. Gregory did monitor the baby's heart rate, which she said sounded good. I think Nicholas liked hearing it. She said there were two heartbeats, but luckily that other slower heartbeat was mine. No twins for this family. We arrived at 7:45 and were headed home around 8:15. My kind of appointment. My next appointment will be in a month and then in two months is the BIG appointment - when we find out what we are having and also when Dr. Gregory will better pinpoint a due date.
Since I'm due between Christmas and New Years I asked Dr. Gregory if they had any policy around the holidays and she said they could induce up to a week early. Since I would prefer not to do that, I told her I will just plan on letting the baby determine when he or she wants to come. She did say she is on call for New Years and Dr. Brown is on call for Christmas. I would not be surprised if neither one of my children are delivered by my actual doctor (Nicholas was born Friday evening, so about halfway through my labor Dr. Gregory left and Dr. Favor was on call for that night).
At this point I'm still feeling great, with no real signs of pregnancy. I haven't gained any weight and can still fit into my clothes for now. We'll see how long that lasts...
No comments:
Post a Comment