Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First Day of Preschool

Today was Nicholas' first day of preschool.  He was VERY nervous and not looking forward to it at all.  He had previously been at MDO for the past two years, so a new school with new teachers and kids made him very uneasy.  Last week we took him to meet his teacher, Mrs. Ray.  She is very nice and seems like she can handle having a bunch of four year olds, which is a good thing.  You can see in his picture that he wasn't very excited - the forced smile was quite an effort. 


However, as soon as we walked into his classroom, there was a table full of boys playing with small dinosaurs.  I took it as a good sign and Nicholas soon forgot that I was even there.  I consider today a victory since there was no crying and afterwards he said he had fun.  It's going to take some time for me to get used to him being gone every day, but based on what his teacher told us, he is going to have a blast while learning at the same time.  His class will even get to go on field trips to Buds Best Cookies and Blue Bell Factory.  I just might have to be a volunteer mom for those trips. 

We have yet to pick out a baby name, much to everyone's dismay.  We are tired of everyone asking what the latest is, so maybe we will have one sooner rather than later.  In the meantime, we still refer to him as Nicholas Jr.  I am still feeling well and the baby seems to be moving a lot more recently.  Nicholas still hasn't witnessed this because his attention span just won't allow for it to happen. My next appointment will be with Dr. Sparks as they are starting to rotate me through all the doctor's in the group.  I don't mind this considering Nicholas was not delivered by my main doctor and I have a feeling Nicholas Jr. won't either. 

In other news, I am happy to report that my job is secure (as secure as a job can be I suppose).  In fact I am flying to meet the VPs of the new company this week for a meeting with the sales and marketing departments.  I'm interested to see how everything goes since this is so new and I'm used to the same people.  Luckily I will still report to my old boss, which is wonderful because we get along really well and she is a great boss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment