Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A few firsts

Yesterday was a big day around here.  I put Nathan down in his crib wide awake, but sleepy and he took about an hour nap.  This is huge because we want these good sleep habits to start early.  Then last night I fed him at 9:45pm and he didn't wake up until 3:30am.  Woohoo!  This was awesome as Gabe had mentioned earlier that evening that Nicholas had started stretching out his sleep around this age.  We really hope this trend will continue. 

Unfortunately we have all been under the weather recently.  It started out with Nicholas at the end of last week and slowly Gabe and I got the sinus crud as well.  Then as I was feeding Nathan last night, I could tell he was a little congested.  Hopefully we can recover quickly and not keep passing it back and forth to one another. 

A big first for Nicholas has been his ability to whistle.  Another kid in his preschool class can whistle and I guess he thought that was cool because he has been trying to do it for awhile now.  At first it was mainly just him blowing air with an occasional hint of a whistle.  But now, he can whistle as well as I can and does so CONSTANTLY.  He is very proud of himself to say the least. 


No comments:

Post a Comment