Nathan's two month appointment on March 7th went well. At the appointment, he weighed 12 lbs 4 ounces and was 24 3/4 inches or 50th and 90th percentile respectively. I think he actually weighs a little more than that because the entire time he was on the scale, he was kicking his legs like crazy and it wouldn't settle on one set amount. He also received 4 shots, which he wasn't a fan of but recovered quickly. Dr. Whitaker also said he was really impressed with how well Nathan could hold his head up. He said "he's perfect!" No argument here... His next appointment will be at 4 months.
Nathan is sleeping pretty well. Most recently it seems that I only get up with him once during the night. The routine we are trying to start is to bathe, feed him and get him down around 8:30. However, most nights he's not quite ready until 10pm or so. Either way I'm happy he sleeps so well at night.
Every Sunday at church, a member leads children's church where the 3-5 year olds go up and sit on the altar for a message. Well two Sundays ago, Nicholas was up and answering all kinds of questions that the adult was asking. The funniest part was after he answered a question, he would find us in our seats and give us a big thumbs up! It had the whole church cracking up (or at least the ones that could see him). He was so proud of himself for answering questions. The church member even pulled him aside and talked to him after it was over. I have no clue what she said to him, but I could hear him say, "Yeah because I'm really smart." I just love that kid!
This past week was the Spring consignment sale at our church. I shopped Wednesday and worked Saturday. I was able to buy a few staples for Nicholas that should get him through his birthday at which time I'm sure he will receive more clothes. It gets harder and harder to purchase decent clothes for Nicholas because as boys age, their clothes get much more wear and tear on them. I did buy Nathan a few items as well, although he is completely covered based on hand-me-downs from Nicholas.
After I got home from working Saturday, we took Nicholas and Abby to the carnival that was in town. Based on the location, we pass it every day I take Nicholas to school. Needless to say, he has been asking about going for awhile. We bought ride tickets and checked things out. Nicholas started on a jumpy obstacle course that we knew he would love. Then rode a kid version roller coaster. He was just tall enough to ride most all the adult rides and was excited to try them out. We thought some would terrify him and were shocked that he LOVED them all. Some that mom and dad rode with him made us more queasy than he was. I can personally attest to one ride where Nicholas was laughing at me because I was squealing so much. We were so proud of how brave he was the whole time. Nathan went with us, but chose to sleep in the stroller the whole time.
The other night, Gabe was rocking Nathan and realized that we had an exact picture of Nicholas around the same age doing the exact same thing (rocking with daddy and sucking on his hands). So I snapped a picture to compare the two. I'll let the pictures do the talking as far as whether or not these two boys are related. I got out a photo album of Nicholas around the same age and Nicholas says, look how cute Nathan is. I had to tell him all those pictures were of him! It's like deja vu!
They look exactly alike! Hope you and Gabe are doing well! Miss you!
ReplyDelete