This past Sunday Nathan turned 7 months old. Here is what he is doing:
Constantly moving. He isn't crawling, but moves his arms and legs and fig-its all the time. I will not be surprised if he is crawling before long because he can push himself forward with his back legs. Of course I said that with Nicholas and was completely wrong. My favorite movement of his is when Nathan will rub his feet together. It's hard to explain, but he usually does it while sitting in his high chair. Nathan is also sitting up well now. Of course we keep plenty of padding around just in case, but he sits well on his own.
Constantly chewing. I'm sure he is probably working on more teeth, but he constantly chews on anything. Mainly his hands are a favorite and we have even caught him doing the two fingers upside down bit that Nicholas started when he was the same age. We will see if it sticks and he follows in his brothers footsteps. I also catch him chewing on his thumb. On occasion he will chew on the tray of his stroller. It's too funny.
Constantly talking. This past month he started out saying mama and dada, but recently he has only been showing love towards dada. He loves his daddy and is all grins when he walks in a room and accordingly squeals in frustration when he leaves the room. Nathan is a very happy baby and smiles all the time, but is much more hesitant to laugh. When he does laugh it usually sounds more like a grunt than a giggle.
Loves sleeping and eating. At this point he will eat cereal in the morning and two tubs of Gerber food each night. There is literally no food he does not like. I'm not sure what his measurements are and right now he can fit into clothing sized anywhere from 6-12 months. He is also still nursing well. He usually takes two good naps each day. Bedtime is between 7:30 and 8 and recently he has been waking up between 6 and 6:30 every morning. We are very much in a routine, just like with Nicholas.
Tonight we were able to meet Nicholas' kindergarten teacher Mrs. Taruc. We have only heard wonderful things about her, so I'm hoping he will have a great year. School starts next Thursday and they will only go two half days that week and then start the regular schedule the following Monday. I think Nicholas is excited, but he says he is a little nervous. He doesn't know anyone in his class, which isn't that surprising since there are 11 or more kindergarten classes.
Soccer sign-ups are this weekend and Nicholas said he wants to play, so I think we are going to sign him up. I will be curious to see how that goes because he cannot stand to lose in any form or fashion (unfortunately he gets that from both of his parents). Hopefully he will learn to be a good sport and will have a coach that doesn't take it too seriously. I have heard and witnessed myself that some coaches are just nutty and get way to serious about this stuff. We are dealing with 5 year olds people! Let's just hope they remember that.
No comments:
Post a Comment