Monday, October 19, 2009

Another first!

This past weekend I've tried putting Nicholas down at night before he was actually asleep so he doesn't get used to us rocking him to sleep every night and so he learns how to self soothe. Well it didn't exactly work as he cried for about 20 minutes before I gave up and picked him up. I did however discover that both Saturday and Sunday night he flipped over on to his back not long after I put him down. I believe he had some help in flipping over as he loves staring at the lights on our video monitor camera set up at the corner of his crib. He will crane his neck to see the camera lights and I guess the weight of his head helps him flip over.

Gabe and I also recently discovered what others have been telling us for awhile... Nicholas loves flying over daddy's head. Sunday evening after getting his bath and jammies on, Nicholas was "flying" and proceeded to spit up his cereal dinner all over daddy. We have been told that "Yeah you will do that until the first time he spits all over you." I guess we have to experience all those great parent firsts to get the full effect of parenthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment