Saturday, January 2, 2010

Black Eyed Peas and Collard Greens

Happy New Year everyone! We ate the traditional black eyed peas and collard greens yesterday for good luck and money (actually I just had a few bites of each and let Gabe try to give us luck with his eating them). My New Year's resolution is to not stress over Nicholas' rate of development or focus on what is the "correct" way of parenting. Ever since Nicholas was born (and probably even while I was still pregnant) I constantly read books/blogs/internet about the best parenting techniques of newborns, etc. After 7 months I'm not even close to being an expert, but I have learned that things will happen when they happen and that all those parenting books aren't necessarily the right thing for you and your child. I feel that Nicholas is doing wonderful despite not following all the "experts" advice.

We have another first - Nicholas is crawling! (Sort of) He's actually going in reverse. He pushes off and slides back and can really go in reverse all the way across our living room. Stay tuned for a video clip. So does this count as crawling or do I wait until he goes forward to record this in his baby book?

No comments:

Post a Comment