Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Holy Mega-Mansions Batman!

Last weekend, Gabe surprised me with a quick getaway to a bed and breakfast in Brentwood, TN for our anniversary.  This was my first night away from Nicholas.  All in all I have to say I did pretty well, although it was weird to wake up to silence rather than a baby chattering/fussing.  Mimi and Pop said Nicholas did just fine except he wasn't quite ready to go to bed when Mimi put him down. 

Our whole bed and breakfast experience was interesting.  The owner was sweet, but kind of creepy.  It felt like you were staying at a strangers house (which I guess technically we were).  We ate breakfast with the fellow visitors and was served a "three course" breakfast.  It was ok.  After all was said and done, we decided that we are hotel people.  However, it was nice to get away for a little while. 

The highlights of the trip (besides picking up Nicholas on Sunday) was the dinner we ate Saturday night.  Gabe had researched this wonderful restaurant in the area Mere Bulles.  He ate filet mignon and I had a shrimp and pasta dish.  Everything was delicious!  Finally, apparently Brentwood is the Beverly Hills of the South.  On the way to and from dinner we passed homes that were easily 15000 square feet!   They just kept going and going!  I told everyone that one home had as much square footage in their front porches than we have in our house!  We decided to drive around and check these out in more detail.  I pulled a sales sheet on one that wasn't near the size of the "big" homes, but it was still over 8000 square feet and selling for $1.8 million.  There was even a 2 acre lot for sale for half a million!  These places were HUGE!!  Gabe had to wipe the drool off my chin.      

1 comment:

  1. That was nice of him to do! But we aren't bed and breakfast people either so don't feel bad.

    And on the homes, that's how I feel everyday at work. Those type of people are my clients!

    ReplyDelete