When did the common courtesy of writing a thank you note die? All it takes is 44 cents and about 2 minutes to write. The reason this issue is bugging me is we gave two wedding gifts this summer (June or before) and never received a thank you note for either one of them. One of these gifts was for a wedding that I actually traveled an hour and a half to attend. Now, I completely understand that there are sometimes extenuating circumstances that cause delays in writing thank you notes (ex: moving right after a wedding or if you received a baby gift and now things are all hectic with a newborn at home). Well I've lived through both of these and didn't have a problem writing a thank you note to everyone who gave us a gift. I truly think it is disrespectful to let any gift go un-thanked. Even an email, facebook message, tweet, or whatever other social media you want to use to say thanks would work fine for me, just so long as they are showing their appreciation.
I honestly think we should show our appreciation (I'm including myself in this) for more than just "gifts" more often. Here are just a few blessings that I am grateful for and I should thank more often:
- We are eternally grateful that Mimi and Pop watch Nicholas while I work so that he doesn't have to go to daycare where he would get sick or exposed to sickness every few weeks. Not to mention the fact that we are living in their home rent free to help save up for our own house some day (shout out to Sonny and JoAnn for that too!)
- We are very blessed to spend a week with all my family at the beach every summer. This all expense paid, all meals catered by Gigi summer break is amazing! We look forward to this trip every year (except for the 5 hour drive), but it is totally worth it! Gigi and Pawpaw also took it upon themselves to initiate Nicholas' college fund, which we will really be thanking you for in about 17 years!
- We appreciate all the hand-me-downs that Beth and Brad have provided and for the awesome diaper shower they threw us. I have to say the video monitor is worth it's weight in gold and I love watching Nicholas sleep, roll over and snuggle up with his blankie in his crib. Oh and I think Nicholas was 4-5 months old before we even had to buy any diapers and probably close to a year before we bought wipes!
Girl I completely agree! Even though it did take me like 4 months to get all of mine sent out! It was rough because of us moving then having Reagan but I eventually got them done. It bothered me the entire time too because there was no way I was going to not do it. I think that stressed me more sometimes than Reagan. Ha! So, I am sorry it took so long for you to get ours but I did send one!
ReplyDelete