Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Gotta Love Free Stuff

Over the past year, Gabe and I have become much more coupon/deal crazy.  We both follow several blogs/websites that list daily coupon deals, drug store deals and freebie deals.  And it shows - we spent about $75 less each month on groceries last year than we did in 2008 (and that was also prior to Nicholas, so that's even with one more head to feed).  Usually several days out of the week our mailbox contains either free samples or great coupons for products. 
Well, Gabe and I recently hit the mother load of all freebies.  Over the past 4 years, the Birmingham office of MMP (my employer) has gone from 8 employees to one (yep I would be the last one).  Therefore they have finally decided to shut down our office, which I didn't really use all that much since Nicholas was born (yes I'm one of the lucky ones that gets to work from home).  It's sort of sad to see everything being boxed up and moved, but life goes on - and so does the furniture.  I was luckily able to score an executive desk, computer desk, computer chair, file cabinet and refrigerator (full size I might add) for FREE!!  I really was not planning on the refrigerator, but I guess corporate just wanted to get rid of it rather than haul it somewhere.  The beauty of this is we now have an ice maker!  Ah - it's so nice to have an ice maker again. 

Well, the free stuff has continued because I found out just several days ago that I won a $50 gift card (with free shipping) to Shutterfly!  How perfect is that since I've just had these wonderful pictures of Nicholas taken and now I can order as many as I want for free!  I actually won the card off another blog that I follow and love called Centsational Girl.  I've also become infatuated with decorating and DIY blogs that have cute ideas for cheap (I'm getting all my ideas for when we build our home).  Many of these have giveaways pretty frequently and for various items.  I'm obsessed!  Some people do facebook/twitter, some watch reality shows, I follow blogs.  For those interested here are some of the blogs I follow in my Google Reader:

Decorating:
Centsational Girl
Sawdust and Paper Scraps
Simple Organized Living
Frugal with a Flourish   
Thrifty Decor Chick

Money Saving/Coupons:
Krazy Coupon Lady
Money Saving Mom
My Frugal Adventures

No comments:

Post a Comment