The most bizarre thing happened tonight. Let me explain...
Tuesday evening Nicholas started to get a fever and wouldn't sleep. I got up with him a few times and then Gabe did. At one point, I went in to get him and discovered he had thrown up in his crib. We gave him some Tylenol and to let Gabe get some sleep, I ended up sleeping with Nicholas in the bed that is in his bedroom. On Wednesday, Nicholas seemed ok in the morning, but had a fever of 102.8. As the day progressed, he got worse and just didn't want to eat or play. That evening Gabe and I switched places so I could catch up on sleep and he stayed with Nicholas in his room. Then today, Nicholas was extremely lethargic and so pitiful for the majority of the day. He basically stayed with me in the LazyBoy all day and slept a LOT. He again hardly drank or ate a thing, didn't talk at all (which is highly unusual for him) . I had decided that I would get Nicholas in to the pediatrician tomorrow. Luckily, Beth recommended Motrin and Pedialite, so I promptly hit up Walmart. We basically had to force the Motrin in him, he drank a little Pedialite and he still wouldn't eat anything.
We decided to give him a bath and go ahead to put him down for the night knowing that it probably wouldn't last if it was anything like the past two nights. Nicholas cried throughout the quick bath and fussed a little in the crib after we put him down. We were going to leave him for a bit to see if he would sleep when all of a sudden he started talking. Thanks to the technology of the video monitor, we saw Nicholas sitting up and "bonking" his stuffed animals together. Very odd since he basically hasn't moved in the past few days. He started fussing again and Gabe decided he would try to lay down with Nicholas in the bed. About five minutes after laying in the bed Nicholas started asking for his toys - Mickey, Pluto, etc. Gabe got those and all of a sudden Nicholas was up and playing like he hadn't been sick at all.
It was THE craziest thing we had ever seen!! It was like all of a sudden something just clicked in his system and he went from being lethargic and tired to energetic and wide awake. We just couldn't believe our eyes and yet were so excited to see our little guy come back to life again. I just hope that he doesn't relapse because it is NOT fun to have a sick child.
No comments:
Post a Comment