Saturday, December 31, 2011

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

We've had a wonder Christmas season!  We started off by taking Nicholas to Zoolight Safari at the Birmingham Zoo.  Nicholas was way more interested in the few animals they left accessible than the lights they had set up everywhere.  It was really cold when we went, but he loved petting the animals.  The zoo membership was definitely a good birthday idea on our part.




 We then celebrated the Davenport family Christmas a few weeks early.  Lots of good food and good times.  I was most proud of the gift I found for Brad.  I felt it was very appropriate and will need to purchase another one for Ryan with his three girls. 


We both took the entire week before Christmas off, so we headed down to Mobile to visit with Gigi and Pawpaw.  The entire time Nicholas was Pawpaw's shadow, but I don't think he minded at all.  A few of his favorite gifts were a Cars mat from Ryan and Nancy and the nap mat that Gigi made for him. 


We also has fun visiting with some of both the Thompson and Allenbach clans.  Nicholas enjoyed playing with second cousins Carter and Emma.  Carter and Emma did a wonderful job singing Away in a Manger for us.  We tried to get Nicholas to chime in, but he wasn't interested.

 
We got back home Christmas Eve in time to make cookies for Santa.  Nicholas helped but then didn't understand why he couldn't eat the cookies that we were TRYING to leave for Santa.

When Nicholas woke up Christmas morning, we got him and asked if he was ready to see what Santa left him.  When we got in the living room he says "Where's Santa?"  We had to explain that Santa visited last night while he was sleeping. 

Some of his favorites from Santa were his tent and play-doh sets. 


Finally the day after Christmas we celebrated with the Martin clan.  One of the highlights of the evening was the gift that we gave Uncle Robert.  He opened his gift from us to discover an empty box.  Apparently I had wrapped not only an empty box, but a box inside an empty box.  I couldn't believe it.  Thankfully Gabe ran home and grabbed his actual gift.  Ahh good times!



No comments:

Post a Comment