We have considered moving Nicholas to the double bed that is currently in his bedroom. On occasion we would lay down with him in it (if he gets up early in the morning or something) but he's never been there for an entire night or nap time by himself. He even received some Toy Story sheets from Santa this Christmas. The only reason we've been a bit hesitant about this transition is because he does extremely well going to bed and we didn't want that to change. It had to happen sometime so we tested the waters today during nap time. Nicholas went down with no problems and even took a 3 hour nap. Hopefully tonight he will do just as well.
Here is Nicholas after his nap with his Toy Story sheets and all his "animals."
On a different note, Nicholas' commentary can be so random and funny. Here are a few recent LOLs:
I was driving him to Mother's Day Out one morning and out of the blue he says "Good driving Mama!" He told me again on the way home that night. I do pride myself on being a good driver, but didn't quite expect a 2 year old to notice that...
Then recently as he was saying his bedtime prayers, he threw us a curve ball. Normally his nightly prayer is "Dear Jesus, thank you for everything. I love you. Amen" Well one night recently his prayer went: "Dear Jesus, thank you for everything. I want some milk." Even though this was way out of the ordinary, I will say that he will usually ask for milk at some point before bedtime as a stall tactic. I just love this boy!
One unfortunate thing recently that I'm sure everyone wants to know about is the decision for Nicholas to stick his hand down the back of his diaper after he has "dirtied it". Just today he walks in the living room, shows me his hand and says "I have poo on my hand." I really hope this is not a trend that sticks. Gigi, ever the optimist, thinks that potty training might not be far away. I'm going to hope that she is right, but we shall see. Our favorite is when we ask Nicholas, "Do you need a new diaper" He replies: "No, I feel better."
And I need to give a special shout out to "Uncle Bumbles." His gift of Rocket from his favorite TV show Little Einsteins made an impression on Nicholas. Just this week he was playing with it and said "it from Uncle Bumbles." I was very impressed that he remembered who gave it to him. Although his all-time favorite gift from Uncle Bumbles is blankie. It will be a tough day when he will have to give that up.
No comments:
Post a Comment