This month seems to have flown by. It's hard to believe Nathan is already one month old! I took him to the pediatrician last Friday for his "two week" check-up even though he was four weeks old at the time. Nathan weighs 10 pounds 6 ounces and is 22 3/4 inches long, which puts him in the 95th percentile in both categories. Everything seems great, but he did have clogged tear ducts that were causing his eyes to water and eye crud to form. We received a prescription for ointment and it already seems to be clearing up the problem. His next appointment will be at two months.
Nathan easily fills 3 month clothing, so I would not be surprised if he will be moving to 3-6 month before long. He wears a size one diaper, which he was also wearing at birth. Thankfully we still have many size one diaper packages left - enough until he can switch into size two. We have seen a few smiles/half smiles while he is awake, which is so sweet to see. Unfortunately I have not been able to capture them with a camera yet.
Nathan continues to sleep really well at night, mainly going 3 hours between feedings, although recently he had a 5 hour stretch. We have definitely pinpointed that his stomach does not like it when I drink Coke (even caffeine free). I thought I would try it again recently, but it was obviously later that day that the fussiness is always after I drink a coke. Oh well, I'll just plan to have a case of cokes at his first birthday party to celebrate... He also is not a fan of the hiccups, which he gets quite often. Gabe has discovered that Gripe Water seems to cure them of that fairly quickly.
Nicholas still loves on his brother, but isn't the biggest fan of him crying. Nicholas has recently been introduced to the Nintendo Wii and it obsessed with playing Mario Cart and a Cars racing game. He has already decided that his next birthday party is going to be a Mario Cart party. I can't believe he is going to be 5 in just a few months!
No comments:
Post a Comment