This weekend Gigi and Pawpaw were in the B'ham area for the state tennis tournament. Nicholas and I were able to go watch some of their matches at Brook Highland. We are so proud of our Gigi and Pawpaw for making it this far and for how they played. It makes me want to pick up my racket again (or just watch the US Open). I have to say I take for granted how wonderful a baby Nicholas is. Whenever we go anywhere (to the tennis matches, church nursery, etc) everyone always comments on what a good baby he is. Nicholas loves watching people and is content to just sit and take everything in. He is only fussy when something is wrong (lack of sleep, hunger) and even then he can be such a trooper on very little sleep.
I also want to thank everyone for all of my birthday cards and wishes. My chef of a husband made me sweet and sour chicken and cheese won tons FROM SCRATCH and also baked me a delicious strawberry cake (after seeing pictures of my friend Stacey's strawberry cake I couldn't get it off my mind! So good!). He also gave me a wonderful gift of Home Designer software, which I have been able to transfer my rough, pencil to paper drawing of our dream home to an actual program that measures square footage, gives you a 3D camera view of the home, etc.
Happy Mother's Day and also Happy Birthday to my sweet niece Elizabeth who turns 2 today!
Happy belated birthday! Ashley mac's strawberry cakes are hard to beat, but one made by your hubby might do the trick!
ReplyDeleteCan't believe Nicholas is one; pictures are precious!