Apparently Nicholas was excited to start off his 11th month because as I went to get him this morning, I see light coming through the crack in his bedroom door. He had flipped the light switch on and was playing in his crib. Is there a baby proofing gadget that works on light switches??
So many things have changed this past month, that I'm not sure where to start. Just within this past month Nicholas started to sit up by himself, pull himself up, cruise, crawl, walk with some help and is standing really well. I have a feeling that in the future whenever anyone asks me when Nicholas did something I will say "Probably 10 months." It's amazing to see how quickly he has changed and has mastered these things only after a few days.
Nicholas talks a lot! It seems like he has "mama" or "dada" stages. One week it's just mama and the next it's just dada. He also says "nana", "desh", "boo", "gaga", and a bunch of other "words" that I couldn't even begin to describe. Nicholas loves bath time - mainly because of daddy tickling him beforehand and because of his hammerhead shark and starfish bath toys during. Nicholas LOVES Bama, our beagle (and if daddy has anything to say about it, the school too). He smiles whenever he comes in the room and will crawl after him back and forth from the living room to the kitchen since Bama doesn't stay anywhere for more than a few seconds.
Unfortunately, the teeth grinding stage has come back with a vengeance. I still say that is the most horrible noise ever. Nicholas has started to do a great impression of Michael Jordan and sticks out his tongue all the way. We have yet to get a picture of this, but I'm sure we will. This past month was the first time for Nicholas to attend the nursery at our church. We had absolutely nothing to worry about as he was the only baby in his age class and therefore had three women doting on him the whole time. Needless to say he smelled like perfume the rest of the day.
His sleep has been off the majority of this month (waking up around midnight or 4am). Thankfully, Nicholas has been back to his 8pm - 6am schedule this past week. However, as I'm writing this he is fighting going to bed. Hopefully he won't find that light switch.
This next month will include a LOT of changes for Nicholas (and me for that matter). Starting next week, we will begin the weaning process from nursing, bottles and breast milk. This is really exciting for various reasons. I will have reached my goal of nursing him for the recommended first year and I'm very anxious to put the pump and all it's parts away for a very long time!! Also, in the not so distant future we will switch car seats from the rear facing to forward facing, which means that mama gets to sit in the front seat again on long car trips! Woohoo!
Happy 11 Months BooBoo! It won't be long before we are celebrating the big day!
Congratulations on your approaching breastfeeding goal! I'm right there with you. I cannot wait to pack away the infernal pump. Seven more weeks, seven more weeks, seven more weeks...
ReplyDeleteRachel B.
I can't believe he is almost a whole year old! I love to read what he is doing b/c I know it won't be long until Carter starts doing the same things. Walking is next!!
ReplyDelete