Saturday, August 27, 2011

Sorry guys!

Most people that read this blog have already heard this story, but I need to blog about it so I won't forget later on.  On Wednesday, Nicholas and I went to "Chick-a-la" as Nicholas calls it for lunch.  We met up with my friend Amanda and her little boy Colin - who is also in his mother's day out class.  Nicholas absolutely loves playing in their playground area and I even found him sliding head first down the slide (luckily he doesn't even come close to the bottom of the slide when he goes down).  Amanda and Colin left but Nicholas wanted to keep playing, so we stayed a bit longer. 

There were three other boys also in the play area that were probably 4 years old.  They all were pretend shooting each other.  At some point they all decided that they were going to go after Nicholas and pretend shoot him.  Nicholas was apprehensive about this and I told him to shoot back, but he didn't quite understand.  The boys go off playing and Nicholas was fine just playing by himself and sliding.  Well the boys decided to go after Nicholas again while they were all at the top of the play area.  So they are up in his face "shooting" at Nicholas and I hear Nicholas say "Sorry guys."  It was the sweetest thing!  He thought he had done something wrong.  After that I told the little boys to back off because Nicholas didn't understand the game they were playing.  We left not long after that.  It is always interesting to see how kids play together.  To me this just shows what a sweet heart Nicholas has.  I am looking forward to fall when it is cool enough to go to the park and kids aren't so confined to small indoor play areas.    

No comments:

Post a Comment